Percy Francisco Alvarado Godoy
ACCORDING to reliable sources, terrorist Luis Posada Carriles is plotting new acts of violence against Cuba, and is doing so in a context of total compartmentalization and secrecy, with the support of a number of counterrevolutionary and criminal members of Miami's anti-Cuban mafia.
Posada's rekindled activities have increased as he has renewed contacts with terrorists such as Santiago Alvarez Fernandez Magriñá, Enrique Encinoza, Gaspar Jiménez Escobedo, Pedro Crispín Remón Rodríguez, Reynold Rodríguez, Luis Zúñiga Rey, Dionisio Suárez Esquivel, Roberto Martín Pérez, Félix Alonso, Rodolfo Rodríguez San Román, Orlando Martínez Paz, Félix Rodríguez Mendigutía, Saúl Ramón Sánchez Rizo, Angel Francisco D´fana Serrano, Ernesto Díaz Rodríguez, Osiel González Rodríguez, Francisco José Hernández Calvo, Roberto Martín Pérez, Horacio Salvador García Cordero, and Aldo Rosado Tuero, joined by yet another terrorist involved in the frustrated attempt on Fidel Castro's life in Panama: César Matamoros. Many of these individuals are members of terrorist organizations such as Alpha 66, the Cuban Liberty Council and the Cuban-American National Foundation.
A number of actions and events confirm the re-initiation of these contacts:
• A formal meeting of Luis Posada Carriles and several of these people on August 30, 2011, during celebrations for the 50th anniversary of Alpha 66.
• A formal meeting between Luis Posada Carriles and members of the terrorist mafia on receiving the keys to the city of Hialeah, June 14, 2011.
• A formal meeting of Luis Posada Carriles with Pedro Crispín Remón, Gaspar Jiménez Escobedo, César Matamoros, and ex-Panamanian President Mireya Moscoso, during a Radio Mambí program, January 17, 2012.
• A tribute to Luis Posada Carriles January 28, 2012, during a function at Miami's Manuel Artime Theater.
In all of the above events, Posada Carriles conversed freely with his fellow terrorists, without showing any discretion, given the presence of reporters, thus revealing his sense of total impunity.
However, at a more discreet level, Luis Posada Carriles has maintained systematic contact with members of Miami's terrorist groups.
One such secret meeting to plot acts of violence against Cuba took place recently in the residence of Santiago Alvarez Fernández-Magriñá. Beside Luis Posada Carriles and the host, also present were Guillermo Novo Sampoll, Luis Zúñiga Rey, Reynol Rodríguez and Roberto Martín Pérez. The meeting reached the following agreements:
• To support Saúl Ramón Sánchez Rizo and the Democracy Movement in acts of provocation planned during Pope Benedict XVI's upcoming visit to Cuba. The aim is to provide vessels for a flotilla and to use all possible means to encourage the Cuban population to go to coastal city seafronts and express solidarity with these acts.
• To apply to U.S. authorities for a permit to use an aircraft to drop counterrevolutionary leaflets over Cuban territory, once again in support of José Basulto from the Brothers to the Rescue organization. This would create the conditions for a repeat of an incident similar to the one on February 24, 1996, thus worsening relations between the Obama administration and the Cuban government.
• To immediately dispatch agents to Cuba to give sabotage instructions to internal counterrevolutionary groups in the context of the Pope's visit and the 21st International Book Fair of Havana. In relation to the latter event, Miami terrorists anticipate mobilizing mercenaries proclaiming themselves independent journalists, in order to create disturbances in Book Fair venues, on the pretext of their restricted freedom of expression and the impossibility of having their books published.
Regarding the visit of Pope Benedict XVI, Posada's group has weighed up the possibility of using the Damas de Blanco (Women in White) to create acts of provocation. Likewise, there are promises of new and larger means of support and financial aid to Berta Soler and her acolytes, through the agents dispatched.
In other meetings of Posada Carriles and Santiago Alvarez with various mafia members resident in Florida, it was decided to create a group to operate – it is already doing so – on the Facebook social network, internal and foreign counterrevolutionary blogs and Twitter, to increase provocations against Cuba. This group centrally comprises Aldo Rosado Tuero, Dionisio de la Torre Jr, Nancy Calzadilla, Eduardo Rodríguez, Olga Sánchez, Mercedes Perdigón, Lucy Ramón and other professional slanderers. In the same context, they have contacted their principal mercenaries in Cuba, Yoani Sánchez Cordero, Sara Martha Fonseca Quevedo, Marta Beatriz Roque Cabello and, more recently, José Daniel Ferrer, in order to intensify the ideological campaign against Cuba, using as ideological tools the alleged repression of "dissidents" and media shows presenting hunger strikes, beatings and ill-treatment in prisons, etc.
Another method employed by Posada Carriles' associates is the harassment of Cuban journalists and officials using SMS messages containing threats to them and their family members. This demonstrates their mafiosi nature and further confirms the presence of Posada in the shadows, given that this is a method he has resorted to most frequently during his criminal life.
Finally, Posada Carriles' new terrorist group is studying a number of options for re-instigating extremist actions – which Cuba successfully neutralized in 1997 – by targeting the Scarabeo-9 oil rig, the Matanzas Antonio Guiteras Thermoelectric Plant and other economic targets. It is the responsibility of the FBI and U.S. authorities to intervene in this matter. Recently, we sent a personal letter to these agencies exposing terrorist plots being hatched in the United States in open violation of the Neutrality Act of June 25, 1948, Articles 960 - 962. No answer has been received to date.
As addition elements, we can also confirm that, in the last few days, Posada Carriles has been seeking new financial sources to perpetrate these terrorist acts against Cuba, as well as to use some of this income to repay legal debts incurred during his trial in El Paso, Texas.
Moreover, this terrorist's personal concerns cannot be overlooked, which makes him all the more dangerous. He needs to win merit from the U.S. ultra-right and Miami mafia groups, given the possibility of being extradited to Panama, after the Second Circuit Court ruled his pardon by President Mireya Moscoso unconstitutional. Also pending is the threat that the freezing by a New Jersey Grand Jury of a court case in relation to Posada Carriles’ involvement in the death of Italian Fabio di Celmo and other acts of terrorism could be overturned. This should be borne in mind because, at the same time, he could also be planning an escape in the event of this contingency.
This is the latest news on this terrorist, who is not exempt from the Cuban people’s vigilance, although he believes himself protected and enjoying impunity. In this way, I am advising him that the promise to his associates of doing something for Cuba soon, has been frustrated in advance.